Laois County Council in conjunction with Laois PPN, are delighted to announce the launch of the 2022 Laois Community & Voluntary Awards, to acknowledge groups and individuals who, through their commitment to voluntary and community activities, have played a significant role in enhancing the quality of life in their communities.
Categories for 2022 are:
- Arts, Culture &Heritage – which recognises Groups/Organisations who enhance their local areas, by conserving, protecting and promoting the Arts, Culture and Heritage of their local community through collective creative activities. Examples include: Drama, Music, Literature, Arts, Festivals, Conservation, and Heritage.
- Sports Award – which focuses on groups or schools, who have focused on physical health, increasing the number of people participating in the sport, particularly those with a low participation rate.
- Best Kept Residential Area- which recognises the hard work and dedication shown in residential areas throughout Laois, recognises the great pride people have in their own communities, recognise the value of our biodiversity and continued to put in a huge effort, on behalf of the places where they live.
- Social Inclusion – which recognises Groups/Organisations that actively work in a supportive role in their communities and whose aim is to minimise social exclusion and/or help to improve the quality of life for socially excluded groups. Examples include; Working with the elderly, People with Disabilities, Ethnic Minority, Travelling Community, Young people in transition, LGBTI+ and the Homeless.
- Health and Well Being- which recognises community health and wellbeing initiatives i.e mental health, sexual health, awareness raising & promotion around medical conditions, disorders and disabilities, including opportunities for social connections, increased meaningful daily activities, developing confidence and providing a sense of purpose & positive self-worth for citizens in the community.
Groups will be judged by the Adjudication Panel based on the following criteria:
- Contribution of the group to the community ;
- How representative the group is of the community;
- Level of voluntary involvement and participation;
- How well a group, service and/or activities are planned and delivered, and the use of innovative approaches;
- Positive impact of the work of the group on the local and wider community;
- Positive impact the work has had on the target category, i.e., arts, community services & support, sports & recreation, etc;
- Use of inclusive working methods, e.g., reaching out to ensure that those who most need to actually get involved/benefit from inclusion;
- Future benefits to the community
This form should be used to nominate a Group/Club/Organisation Only. Groups/Clubs/Organisations can nominate themselves.
N.B. Before completing this form, please read the accompanying terms & conditions and judging criteria
Applications are also accepted by email to email@example.com or posted to
Community Awards Section, Laois County Council, Áras an Chontae, Portlaoise, Co Laois
and marked: “Community & Voluntary Awards 2022 Nomination”.
Closing Date is 4pm on Friday, 29th July, 2022
For further assistance and queries, please contact (057) 86 64078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org