Section 177(AE) - Application for approval to An Board Pleanala to construct an overflow, flood relief culvert at Shannon Stream, Shannon Street, Mountrath, Co. Laois
Laois County Council
Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Proposed construction of an overflow, flood relief culvert at Shannon Stream, Shannon Street, Mountrath, Co. Laois.
Pursuant to Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the requirements of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Laois County Council proposes to make an application for approval to an Bord Pleanála for the following development:
The construction of an overflow, flood relief culvert for the purpose of alleviating adverse flood impacts from the Shannon Stream at Shannon Street, Mountrath, County Laois. The overflow, flood relief culvert proposed is a 600mm diameter pipe with associated concrete head walls and a non-return valve.
A Natura Impact Statement (NIS) has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
The Board may, in relation to an application for approval under section 177AE, of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
The Natura Impact Assessment, together with Plans and Particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge, or may be purchased on payment of a small fee (which fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such a copy) during normal office hours 9.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), except where stated otherwise below, during the period from 04th February 2021 to 22nd March 2021 inclusive, at the following locations;
- The offices of An Bord Pleanala, 64 Marlborogh Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902.
- By appointment at Laois County Council, Áras an Chontae, JFL Avenue, Portlaoise. Appointments must be arranged in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting 057 8664000.
- The consultation website of Laois County Council at https://consult.laois.ie
Submissions or observations regarding the proposed development may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanala in relation to;
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development;
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area in which it is proposed to situate the proposed development; and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations should be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 not later than the 22nd March, 2021.
Director of Services
Laois County Council