Second Public Consultation day - Clonaslee Flood Relief Scheme
Second Public Consultation Day - Clonaslee Flood Relief Scheme
Laois County Council, in conjunction with the OPW, is developing a Flood Relief Scheme for the Community of Clonaslee.
The purpose of the Second Public Information Event is to present the emerging options developed by RPS Consulting Engineers, and invite any feedback or queries that you may wish to raise.
We invite you to review the Materials uploaded on this Consultation page and have your say by making a submission.
The Materials provided are summarised as follows:
- Model Predicted Flood Extents – This map represents the 1% Annual Exceedance Probability flood plain (this is defined as having a 1 in a 100 chance of occurring or being exceeded in any given year). The image is an output of the extensive Flood Computer Modelling exercise undertaken as part of this study. The maps also identify properties potentially at risk in a flood event of that magnitude. We have also included photographic record of a less severe flood event that occurred in November 2017;
- Design Considerations and Constraints – This map highlights some of the key items we must consider in the development of a flood relief scheme in this environmentally, historically and culturally rich area;
- Flood Relief Scheme Option 1 – Here we present an option to manage flood water via hard defences (walls and embankments). We also show areas that will benefit from the flood defences, and areas that will continue to flood if the scheme is constructed;
- Flood Relief Scheme Option 2 – Here we present an option to reduce the extent of flood defences required, by facilitating an overland flow-path across the river bend downstream of the Clodiagh bridge in Clonaslee;
- Flood Relief Measures not Viable – Here we present flood relief measures we have trialled in the model, but did not deliver the flood reduction outcomes required.
An in person Public Information Day will also be held at the Clonaslee Heritage Centre, from 2pm – 7pm on Tuesday the 22nd of November 2022, where members of the Project Team will be available to discuss the proposals. Link to Google Map Location
Submissions can also be made by emailing ClonasleeFRS@rpsgroup.com or in writing to Clonaslee FRS, RPS Consulting Engineers, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin A96 N6T7