Laois County Council’s Tourism Grants Scheme aims to promote and support tourism projects, events or developments that will result in a social, cultural and economic benefit to the County. The County Council recognises the contribution that tourism makes to the lives of the people of the county and the economic benefits in terms of increased activity and visitor numbers. In recognition of these benefits and the extent of the voluntary effort involved in the organisation of festivals and events, the Council will be making available a Tourism Grants Scheme in 2023.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Friday 31st March 2023 at 5.00p.m.
The main purpose of the Grants Scheme is to provide financial assistance to groups and organisations engaged in projects, events or developments at local level. The emphasis of the scheme is on providing funding for a diverse range of projects thus ensuring that the limited financial resources available is used to the maximum benefit of the community at large.
What the Grant Covers:
The Council will provide grant finance to qualifying projects, events or developments. Applications received by Laois County Council will be assessed and if successful a letter of offer will issue to successful applicants. Payment of the grant will be made when the event has been held and a Post Event Report submitted giving details of expenditure and the general running of the event.
The minimum grant that may be applied for under this scheme is €500 and the maximum is €3,000.
Completed applications to be submitted to the address below. Each application submitted will be evaluated and a decision in relation to an offer of grant funding will be based on the following:
- The number of tourists attracted from outside the county;
- The extent to which proposed initiatives maximise community participation;
- The additional economic activity generated by the event;
- Number of people attending the festival or event;
- The extent to which the proposed initiative contributes to 2023 Laois Calendar of Events;
- The extent to which the project proposed is unique, innovative, creative, interesting and likely to have future potential;
- Environmental sustainability (reduce, re-use, re-cycle);
- Availability of grant funding.
Contact: Ms. Elaine Moore, Administrative Officer, Laois County Council, Áras an Chontae, Portlaoise, Co. Laois:
or email email@example.com
Telephone 057 866 4218